Top Stories

PNP chief's term extended anew

FOR the second time, President Duterte will extend the term of Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald ‘Bato’ M. dela Rosa after this coming April 21 giving the top cop ample time to lead the PNP’s reinvigorated war on…

New power firm welcome

SPEAKER Pantaleon ‘Bebot’ Alvarez yesterday said Congress can entertain another electric distribution utility firm to replace Manila Electric Co. (Meralco) should its legislative franchise expire. Alvarez said it is fully within the power, authority and discretion of Congress to look…

Solon decries ‘illegal’ quarry in Nueva Ecija

REPRESENTATIVE Rosanna “Ria” V. Vergara of the 3rd District of Nueva Ecija denounced the quarrying activities in Nueva Ecija and exposed alleged violations of law being committed by provincial government officials including the misdeclaration of the quarry tax collections and…

Palace slams US intel report on Duterte

MALACAÑANG yesterday slammed a US intelligence community report that tagged President Rodrigo Duterte as “a threat to democracy and human rights in Southeast Asia.” A World Threat Assessment Report published last week identified Duterte, along with ruling Thai officials and…

Court urged to declare CPP-NPA terror group

THE Manila regional trial court has been formally asked to declare the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP), together with its armed wing the New Peoples’ Army, (NPA), a terrorist organization. Senior Assistant State Prosecutor Peter Ong filed the petition…

Gov’t leads charge vs ‘fake news’

DAVAO CITY (PNA) — Presidential Communications Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Martin Marfori Andanar yesterday enjoined public information officers (PIOs) and communicators to join the PCOO in waging war against disinformation and misinformation as well as fake news. Sec. Andanar made…

‘Bong’ Go will be cleared — Duterte

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte is convinced that his top aide Special Assistant to the President Christopher Bong Go will eventually be cleared in the Senate hearing on the controversial frigate deal of the Philippine Navy. Duterte said that after Go faced…

You’re welcome, Palace assures Rappler

  • Written by
  • Read: 261 times
MALACAÑANG yesterday clarified that Rappler is free to cover official press briefings in Malacañang while its appeal to overturn a decision revoking its license is pending in court. Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque Jr. said the online media entity would be…

President’s men assured of protection vs Congress

“HUWAG lang ninyo babuyin,” President Rodrigo Duterte said as he ordered members of the executive branch to match any bullying or insult with a walkout of congressional inquiries In his speech before Filipino-Chinese business executives, Duterte said he would even…

'A natural monopoly'

THERE can’t be two or more energy distribution systems in the country, which is the reason for the prevailing monopoly of Meralco, according to the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC). ERC spokesperson Floresinda Baldo-Digal said it’s not economical to have two…

Inday Sara forms political party

SPEAKER Sara Duterte in 2019? Akbayan Rep. Tom Villarin sees this as a possibility following the creation of a new party by Davao City Mayor Sarah Duterte-Carpio without consulting the ruling Partido Demokratikong Pilipino Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban). Sara, the…

PN backs frigate deal

In their manifesto, the signatories cited the responsibility of the PN for the naval defense of the country against global security threats such as terrorism, transnational crimes and proliferation of nuclear weapons. “The Philippine Navy Strategic Sail Plan 2020 (Sail…

Go innocence ‘very clear’ — Palace

IT is “very clear” that Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go did not intervene in the frigate project of the Philippine Navy, Malacanang said yesterday. Go faced a Senate inquiry yesterday to answer allegations that he intervened in…

Mercado interest in frigate arms deal questioned

MALACANANG questioned yesterday why sacked Philippine Navy chief, Vice Admiral Ronald Joseph Mercado, made several trips to the office of Thales Tacticos, which the then navy official allegedly pushed as supplier of the combat management system for the two frigates…
Subscribe to this RSS feed