4,826

Electric overload blamed for Tarlac market fire

  • Written by Mamer BaÑez
  • Published in Provincial
  • Read: 255

Bamban, Tarlac -- Electric overload did it.

This was the finding of authorities when this town’s public market was razed by fire Monday afternoon.

In his report, Chief Insp. Joshua Gonzales said the fire started in a computer shop at the second floor of the market building at around 4 p.m. The fire immediately spread to adjacent dry goods and RTW stores.

The conflagration totally destroyed the two-storey market building and was put out at around 9 p.m. despite the arrival of several fire trucks from other towns.
    
Gonzales also revealed that the fire was first monitored thru the CCTV of the police station but quickly spread to other stalls.
    
The Bureau of Fire Office of this town placed the damage to properties at P37 million, excluding the cost of the market building, which was constructed in the 1990s.
    
No one was reported killed or injured.