6,098

4 kidnap victims rescued in Zambo

  • Written by Zaida Delos Reyes-Palanca
  • Published in Provincial
  • Read: 307
NINE days after they were abducted, four chainsaw operators were rescued by government forces
shortly after they were abandoned by their captors who get tired and weary of the police and
military pursuit operations the other day in Zamboanga del Norte.
 
Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP)-Western Mindanao Command (WMC) spokesperson Capt.
Jo-Ann Petinglay yesterday identified the victims as Roger Jung-an, Jomar Maglangit, Jomar
Mantangan and Raymond Purisima, both chainsaw operators, of Bgy. San Vicente, Sirawai, Zamboanga
del Norte.
 
Petinglay said the victims were abandoned by their captors, led by Hamilon Wahab, at 3 p.m.
in Sirawai, Zamboanga del Norte.
 
Accordingly, the victims were abducted on March 3, 2018 at the vicinity of Bgy. Panabutan.
  
Joint Task Force Zampelan commander Maj. Gen. Roseller G. Murillo said the victims were
originally five  in a group when they were abducted but one of them was hit in the crossfire during
an encounter between government forces and their captors last March 7, 2018.
  
The report said  the victims were held captive for nine days and were left by their
disoriented captors after soldiers and policemen had been relentlessly pursuing them since their
abduction.
  
He said officials of Bgys. Libucon and Sirawai contacted the soldiers of the Army’s 42nd
Infantry Battalion and turned over the four kidnap victims.