THE Philippine National Police has issued guidelines that will be followed in ‘delisting’ illegal
drug personalities that cannot be located anymore in their last known addresses, officials said
In a PNP supplemental operational guidelines in the conduct of Oplan: Tokhang activities
nationwide, PNP chief, Director General Ronald ‘Bato’ M. dela Rosa, approved rules removing from the
PNP drug watchlist personalities who ‘cannot be located’ in their known residences.
The PNP memorandum said the following steps shall be undertaken:
1st, PNP Tokhang teams shall submit a report to the Provincial/City/District Intelligence
Branches or Divisions that the target personality has been visited several times but can no longer
be located in last known address.
2nd, a designated member of the Tokhang team shall secure barangay certification that the
drug personality is no longer residing in last known address for at least six months and that no
illegal drug activities of the personality has been monitored in the area for the same period.
3rd, the designated Tokhang team member shall forward the barangay certification to the
Barangay, Municipal or City Anti-Drug Abuse Councils for issuance of a Resolution recommending the
removal of the subject personality in their watchlist.
4th, a provincial/city/district validation team composed of representatives from the PNP
intelligence branches, the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency, PNP Drug Enforcement Group, the Armed
Forces and local government unit, shall validate and approve the recommendation and subsequently
submit the same to the concerned Regional Intelligence Division.
5th, the Regional Validation Committee chaired by the Deputy Regional Director for
Operations of the Police Regional Office with representatives from the Regional Intelligence
Division and Drug Enforcement Unit, the AFP, National Bureau of Investigation, LGU and the National
Intelligence Coordinating Agency as members shall review, approve and submit the validated list of
the PNP Directorate for Intelligence.
Last but not the least, the PNP Directorate for Intelligence currently headed by Director
Gregorio R. Pimentel shall consolidate and review the submitted validated list, and adjust the
records accordingly. The list of suspected drug personalities categorized as ‘Cannot be Located’
shall be kept in the archives of the PNP-DI for future reference.
As of last week, more than 2,200 confessed drug offenders have already yielded to the PNP
since it relaunched its Oplan: Tokhang activities last January 29. On the other hand, police
operations such as service of search warrants and warrants of arrest continue to endanger the lives
of officers with one already killed and another wounded since last week.
According to PNP spokesman, Chief Superintendent John C. Bulalacao, the PNP Project Tokhang
operations continued for the second straight week as the left-hand effort of demand reduction in the
PNP’s flagship anti-illegal drugs drive so far has turned in huge number of surrenderers and no
cases of armed confrontation with drug suspects recorded.
From January 29 up to last Valentine’s Day, Bulalacao said that the PNP Directorate for
Operations headed by Director Camilo Pancratius P. Cascolan consolidated 4,339 Tokhang activities
leading to the surrender of 2,137 confessed drug users and dealers nationwide, most notably 730 in
Northern Mindanao which is under the jurisdiction of the Police Regional Office 10 and 430 in Metro
Manila under the National Capital Region Police Office respectively.
The PNP-DI said that from December 5, 2017 to last February 14, police units across the
country arrested 7,103 drug personalities during 4,613 operations conducted. Those anti-narcotics
operations resulted in the killing of 65 armed suspects during gunbattles with the police.