FORMER First Lady-turned Ilocos Norte Rep. Imelda Marcos yesterday vowed to challenge the Sandiganbayan Fifth Division ruling finding her guilty of seven counts of graft in connection with the creation of private organizations in Switzerland while she was the Minister of Human Settlements and interim member of Congress.
In a statement, the camp of Mrs. Marcos said former Court of Appeals (CA) Justice Lolong Lazaro is now studying the ruling to prepare their motion for reconsideration.
“Justice Lolong Lazaro, who has previously appeared as counsel in this case, will act as my counsel in the interim. He is presently studying the decision and has advised us that he intends to file a Motion for Reconsideration,” the statement said.
Mrs. Marcos’ camp confirmed receiving the decision, adding that her legal counsel, Robert Sison, who was not present during the promulgation yesterday, is confined in hospital.
“We have just received a copy of the Decision of the Sandiganbayan’s 5th Division which was promulgated on November 9, 2018,” the statement said.
“Unfortunately, my Attorney of Record, Atty. Robert Sison, has been indisposed and is presently confined at the Asian Hospital,” the statement added.