Barangay chief in teen’s maul sends surrender feelers

November 08, 2018

THE barangay chairman who had been accused of mauling a 16-year-old boy right inside his barangay hall in Tondo, Manila after the latter mistook him for a mere barangay kagawad had reportedly sent surrender feelers.

This was learned from Senior Supt. Marcelino Pedroso, deputy director for administration of the Manila Police District (MPD), who said that Barangay Chairman Felipe Falcon Jr. of Bgy. 350, might surrender anytime this week.

The boy, through his father, has filed a case of physical injuries in relation to Republic Act 7610 or Anti-Child Abuse Law against the said chairman.

The victim told the MPD-Women and Children’s Protection Desk (WCPD) that he merely went to the barangay hall last Saturday to hand over a cellphone to his friend who was arrested at around 11:30 p.m.

Falcon, he said, asked what he was doing there and asked if he knew who the chairman was, getting upset when the victim called him ‘kuya’  and thought he was a mere barangay kagawad.

The complainant said the barangay chairman slapped him with a cellphone on the face, beat him up using his belt’s buckle and then hit his head with the dry seal, causing him to sustain injuries in the head and face.