60 Navotas folk get new homes

September 21, 2018
John Rey Tiangco

Some 60 Navoteño families now have new homes after the Navotas City government formally opened the five-storey housing project at Bgy. North Bay Boulevard South (NBBS)-Kaunlaran, Navotas.

John Rey Tiangco

Mayor John Rey Tiangco and Cong. Toby Tiangco, together with Engr. Juancho Corpuz of National Housing Authority, Bgy. Chairperson Toto Natividad and other city officials on Wednesday led the blessing and inauguration of NavoHomes Kaunlaran.

“We are glad that you now have a safe haven for your family. You can now live comfortably and sleep peacefully at night knowing you are safe here,” Mayor Tiangco said in his speech.

Residents of NavoHomes Kaunlaran previously lived in danger areas and along easements of Navotas waterways.

“New home, new life. We hope having a house of your own will inspire you to dream for better things in life and work to achieve them,” he added.

Meanwhile, Cong. Tiangco advised the residents to keep NavoHomes Kaunlaran clean, orderly and peaceful.

“Keep your new homes clean and maintain the peace, treat your neighbors as family. Respect and be considerate of them,” he said.

Navotas has four in-city housing projects intended to keep families living along coastlines and riverbanks, or those considered danger zones, safe from harm. The projects can accommodate around 1,800 families, all of whom are required to take drug tests to ensure that housing communities are peaceful and crime-free.

Last year, the city held a groundbreaking for a new housing project that will cater to 408 families. The eight three-storey buildings will also serve as new shelters for families living in danger areas.

Tagged Under