4,833 guests

58 rogue cops face dismissal

  • Written by Alfred Dalizon With Marian Joyce Gavino
  • Published in Metro
  • Read: 723

FIFTY-EIGHT policemen, majority of them arrested by agents of the Philippine National Police Counter-
Intelligence Task Force for involvement in drug-related irregularities, are set to bid goodbye to
their uniform, badges and service firearms sooner or later.

This after PNP Internal Affairs Service head lawyer Alfegar Triambulo said that he has
recommended the dismissal of the 58 to PNP chief Director General Ronald ‘Bato’ M. dela Rosa after
they were found guilty of serious grave misconduct during investigation.
    
Once the PNP-IAS recommendation is approved by Gen. Dela Rosa, the PNP Directorate for
Personnel and Records Management will issue the dismissal papers of the 58.
    
Among those recommended for dismissal from the police service are members of the Northern
Police District, who just like the rest have been investigated for robbery-extortion, kidnapping,
murder and ‘planting’ of evidence which are all punishable by dismissal from the government and life
in jail.
    
The PNP-CITF headed by Senior Supt. Jose Chiquito M. Malayo have already arrested more than 50
policemen involved in various irregularities, specifically robbery-extortion since last February.
    
The month saw Gen. Dela Rosa ordering a massive PNP internal cleansing program after
abolishing the PNP Anti-Illegal Drugs Group after two of its men, Supt. Raphael Dumlao and Senior
Police Officer 3 Ricky Sta. Isabel, were accused of involvement in the abduction and murder of South
Korean businessman Jee Ick-Joo in October last year.
    
The PNP-IAS has also recommended the firing from the police organization of PO1s Jeffrey Perez
and Ricky Arquilita, the two Caloocan City policemen involved in the killing of teenager Carl Angelo
Arnaiz  whom the police tagged as a ‘drug personality and taxi robber.’
    
Triambulo also recommended the demotion of the immediate superior of the two policemen, Chief
Insp. Fortunato Ecle Jr., under the principle of command responsibility.
    
He also recommended the dismissal of 15 Caloocan City policemen who were involved in an
embarrassing raid on the house of a woman while looking for alleged drugs last September 7.
    
The PNP-IAS ordered the filing of administrative charges for grave neglect of duty and less
grave neglect of duty against the immediate superior of the policemen assigned with the Caloocan City
Police-Community Precinct 4, Chief Insp. Timothy Aniway Jr.
    
Alfegar also said they have filed charges for three counts of grave misconduct and conduct
unbecoming of a police officer against the concerned policemen he identified as Senior Insp. Warren
Peralta, PO1s Ariel Furlo, Marvin Poblete, Sherwin Rivera, Jay Gabata, Sampang Sampurna II, Rene
Llanto, Louie Serrano, Jaypee Talay, Ronelio Julaton, Jay-ar Sabangan, Jaime Natividad, Michael Angelo
Miguel and Joey Leaban.