The Board of Investments (BoI) has approved eight solar projects worth PHP85.96 billion of Solar Philippines Commercial Rooftop Projects, Inc., the agency reported Tuesday.
The solar projects were included in the Special Laws List of the Investment Priorities Plan (IPP).
The eight solar energy farms of Solar Philippines registered with the BOI are:
* The PHP18.99 billion Iba-Palauig 2 Solar Project in Palauig, Zambales with capacity of 140.64 megawatts (MW) set to operate in February 2020
* The PHP13.56 billion Concepcion Tarlac 2 Solar Project in Tarlac City with capacity of 293.76 MW to be operational by January 2019
* The PHP13.56 billion Balayan Solar Power Project in towns of Balayan and Calaca in Batangas with capacity of 293.76 MW to be operational by February 2020
* The PHP8.64 billion Maragondon-Naic 1 Solar Farm in 168-hectare property in municipalities of Naic, Maragondon, and Indang with capacity of 196 MW to be operational by October 2018
* The PHP8.64 billion Maragondon-Naic Tanza 2 Solar Project also in 168-hectare property in municipalities of Naic and Tanza with capacity of 196 MW to be operational by October 2018
* The PHP8.6 billion Sta.Rosa Nueva Ecija 2 Solar Project in 168-hectare land in towns of Sta. Rosa, Peñaranda and San Leonardo in Nueva Ecija with 193.54 MW capacity set to operate by January 2020