1 large ripe mango, peeled and cubed
¼ cup minced red onion
¼ cup minced cilantro
2 Tablespoons diced red bell pepper
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 Teaspoon minced jalapeno
½ large ripe avocado, 4 ounces
½ cup lukewarm water
2 Teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
½ Teaspoon sea salt
2 Tablespoons avocado oil
Optional: ½ cup baby spinach for extra color (you can’t taste it)
1 large green plantain, 12 ounces
2-4 Tablespoons coconut oil
4 thin slice of ham, 4 ounces
4-8 eggs for 1-2 per person
* Mix together all the ingredients for the mango salsa and set it aside.
* Add all the ingredients for the hollandaise into a blender, and blend starting on low and working up to high. Blend until the sauce is completely smooth, and set it aside.
* Peel the plantain by slicing lengthwise through the skin, but being careful not to cut into the plantain. Peel the plantain using a spoon to help you peel back the tough skin. Slice the plantain on the diagonal into 1" slices.
* Preheat a 9" cast iron skillet over medium heat. When the pan is almost smoking, add two tablespoons of the coconut oil and the plantain slices. Fry for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the plantain slices are golden and slightly tender.
* Remove them from the pan and flatten each slice into a ¼”-1/2" thick disc. Place the flattened slices back into the cast iron pan, (adding the rest of the oil if necessary) and fry for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy.
* While the tostones are cooking, bring a pot of water (3-4" deep) to a boil, then reduce the heat to a bare simmer. When the tostones are done, keep them warm in the oven, and poach the eggs by slowly lowering them into the pan one at a time. After they’ve cooked for about a minute, use a spoon to make sure they’re not sticking to the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook the eggs to your desired doneness.
* While the eggs are cooking, quickly sear each ham slice in a nonstick pan, about 30 seconds per side.
* Place 2-3 tostones per plate, top with the fried ham slices, poached eggs, mango salsa, and drizzle with the avocado hollandaise. Serve immediately.
(Get Inspired Everyday!)