FISH is healthy and is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Eating fish, like tuna, on a regular basis can help reduce inflammation caused by inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
2 cans water-packed tuna, drained
½ cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup carrots, diced
¼ cup celery, diced
¼ cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
3 Tablespoons nonfat or light mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons mustard (preferably Dijon)
3 Tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
* Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
* Mix until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
* Form four patties. Place them in a nonstick pan or a pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Cook on medium heat until patties are slightly browned on both sides.
* Place patty in a whole-wheat English muffin or serve by itself.
* Garnish with tomato, spinach and onion, if desired
Here are the nutrition you get from this recipe: calories 171; protein 21g; carbohydrate 6g; dietary fiber 0g; sugar 1g; total fat 6g; saturated fat 1g; cholesterol 30mg; sodium 304mg; potassium 209mg; calcium 62mg, and Iron 1mg.