1/2 cup cooking oil
1 pc eggplant, sliced diagonally
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 cloves g arlic, crushed
1 pc red onion, sliced
12 pcs sitaw, cut into 2 inch lengths
1/4 cup Sliced banana heart
1 cup water
4 pcs pechay, separate stems from leaves
1 pouch Mama Sita’s Kare-Kareng Gulay Mix, dissolved in: 1/2 cup water
to taste Bagoong (sautéed shrimp paste)
Cooking Time: 12 mins
1. In a pan, heat cooking oil and fry eggplant. Set aside.
2. In a separate saucepan, heat cooking oil and sauté garlic and onion.
3. Add sitaw and banana heart. Stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add water then the pechay stems. Bring to a boil.
5. Pour the dissolved Mama Sita’s Kare-kareng Gulay Mix. Stir. Boil and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add the pechay leaves. Stir and continue simmering until the sauce thickens.
7. Add the fried eggplant. Stir and simmer for 1 minute.
8. Serve with rice and bagoong.