A take-out favorite that you can make right at home, baked to crisp perfection. It’s healthier, cheaper and so much tastier!
½ kilo boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup Panko*
For the honey garlic sauce
1/3 cup honey, or more, to taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Sriracha, optional
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tsp sesame seeds
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
* Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, dip chicken into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
* Add chicken to prepared baking dish. Place into oven and bake until golden brown and crisp, about 15-20 minutes.
* In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic, soy sauce and Sriracha, if using. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
* Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb and can be found in the Asian section of your local grocery store. (Kirbie’s Cravings)