4,985 guests

2 pushers killed in Pasig, QC shootouts

  • Written by Arlene Rivera & Melnie Ragasa-Jimena
  • Published in Metro
  • Read: 350

TWO drug personalities were killed in separate oplice operations in Pasig and Quezon cities.

Senior Supt. Orlando Yebra Jr., Pasig police chief, said target-listed drug personality Rolito Yumol Sr., 56, was killed in a brief firefight with Pasig police operatives during a buy-bust operation Saturday night.

Yumol was declared dead upon arrival at the Rizal Medical Center (RMC) due to gunshot wounds in the body.

Yebra said Yumol was listed in the drug watchlist based on information that he was involved in the proliferation of drugs in the area.

A Station Anti-Illegal Drugs-Special Operations Task Group (SAID-SOTG) team, led by Chief Insp. Renato Castillo, formed a team to conduct operation in Bgy. Pinagbuhatan.
PO2 Ricardo Nidoy posed as buyer and was able to buy drugs worth P500 from the suspect at 9:50 p.m.
Sensing that the buyer was an undercover officer, the suspect tried to escape but policemen pursued him as he fired shots at pursuing lawmen.
Yebra said policemen returned fire, hitting the suspect in the body.
Recovered at the crime scene were a cal. .38 pistol, four live bullets and a fired cartridge.
Police also seized 11 sachets of suspected shabu and drug paraphernalia from the slain suspect.    
In QC, suspected drug pusher Nestor Advincula, of 49 Kasiyahan St. corner Pitong Gatang St., Bgy. Batasan Hills, was killed after he reportedly engaged anti-illegal drugs operatives of the Quezon City Police District in a shootout.
Reports said that at 7 p.m. Friday, operatives of QCPD Station 6 conducted a buy-bust operation against Advincula at the corner of Pitong Gatang and Kasiyahan Sts. in Bgy. Batasan.
An operative posing as poseur buyer set a drug deal with the suspect who is in the watchlist of drug personalities of PS-6.
During the drug transaction, the suspect sensed the presence of other operatives which prompted him to draw his gun and fired at the operatives, triggering a shootout.
The suspect was was declared dead on arrival at East Avenue Medical Center by Dr. Laurence Bello.
Police recovered from the suspect a Colt cal. .45, with magazine and loaded with four rounds of ammunition, two transparent plastic sachets with undetermined quantity of shabu, a fired cartridge case for cal. .45 firearm and four pieces of P100 bills.