8,255 guests

Indian hurt as ’crackers he concealed explode

  • Written by Edd Reyes
  • Published in Metro
  • Read: 48

A 48-year-old Indian national was seriously injured when the firecrackers stored inside their burning house exploded Tuesday night in Malabon City.

Sukwinder Kaur, of 62 Sociego St., Bgy. Tinajeros, was rushed to Manila Central University (MCU) Hospital for treatment of burns in the body.
    
Arson investigator SFO3 Alvino Torres of Malabon Central Fire Station said the incident happened at 11:30 p.m. when a fire broke out at the victim’s house due to faulty electrical wiring.
    
The electrical wire splice inside the built-in wooden cabinet where the assorted firecrackers were stored busted that caused firecrackers to ignite and explode.
 
Investigators later learned that the firecrackers were owned by the 22-year-old businessman known only as certain Deepak, also an Indian national.
    
The blaze was immediately put out by responding fire fighters from Malabon Central Fire Station and no other houses were damaged by the fire.