5,616 guests

3rd narco list coming

  • Written by Efren Montano
  • Published in Top Stories
  • Read: 388
Featured 3rd narco list coming

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte is set to bare his third “more credible” narco-list this week.

“Hopefully magiging credible ‘yan. This week baka ilabas na ‘yan kasi meron kaming Cabinet meeting on October 3 (Monday),” Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre  said yesterday.

Aguirre said the release of the third “narco-list” had been delayed because President Duterte wanted it thoroughly checked after Pangasinan Rep. Amado Espino and two other public officials were erroneously included in the President’s list drug personalities.

“Iyong tungkol sa third narco-list, sinasabi ni Presidente na because of the lesson sa nangyari kay Espino, makailang beses niyang pina-verify ‘yan, in other words na-check ang authenticity sa third narco list,” he said, stressing that law enforcement agencies have verified the third list.

President Duterte had said that the third narco-list includes at least 1,000 individuals comprising of Chinese nationals and at least 40 judges.
   
It was not certain though if the third narco list includes the 50 to 60 showbiz personalities into drugs as mentioned by the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC).
   
The DoJ chief insisted that the Peter Lim-Jaguar mix-up would not affect the credibility of a third drug matrix Duterte would soon make public.
   
“I don’t think makakaapekto nang malaki 'yan... maliit na bagay lang yung tungkol sa alias. Anybody could use it, especially yung tunay na gumagamit ng alias eh namatay na,” he said.
   
“Makailang beses niyang pina-verify ‘yan. In other words na-check ang authenticity sa third narco list. Kaya hopefully magiging credible ‘yan, this week baka ilabas na ‘yan, kasi meron kaming Cabinet meeting on October 3,” Aguirre added.
   
Now that Peter Lim’s links to the illegal drug trade have already been established, Aguirre said the next step is to gather more evidence for the filing of charges against Lim before the Department of Justice.
   
He added that Reynaldo “Jumbo” Diaz, a cousin and alleged bagman of the slain drug lord, was admitted to the Witness Protection Program so he could give information necessary to the cases being prepared by the government against drug operators and their protectors, especially in Cebu.
   
Police nabbed Jumbo in Matnog town in Sorsogon last September 17, along with six armed personnel of the DoJ, due to a standing arrest warrants for drugs, murder, and frustrated murder cases.
   
Aguirre later on explained to the police that Jumbo is a government witness.