7,599 guests

Fire hits ‘lechon’ store in Pasay

  • Written by Jeffrey C. Tiangco
  • Published in Top Stories
  • Read: 257

SEVERAL “lechon” (roasted pigs) were overdone when a more than one hour fire struck a lechon store on the eve of Christmas in Pasay City.

Pasay City Bureau of Fire Protection said the fire hit around 9 p.m. the row of stores selling roasted pigs at Arnaiz Avenue (formerly Libertad Street) in Pasay City. The fire started in the vent of one of the stores apparently due to accumulated grease in the chimney.

The firemen said they had a hard time controlling the fire because of large deposits of oil and grease in the area. Luckily the fire did not spread to adjacent lechon stores that were also roasting pigs at that time.

No one was reported hurt in the fire.