EXPECT about 20,000 or 30,000 more deaths in war on drugs, President Rodrigo Duterte yesterday warned.
On his return to Davao following his official visit to Japan, Duterte said the number of casualties will triple if he fails to stop the drug problem.
“I tell you, I will triple it. ‘Pag hindi nasunod ang gusto ko, to rid my country (of the drug problem), you can expect 20,000 or 30,000 more (deaths),” Duterte said.
Duterte had said during his presidential campaign that about 100,000 people would die once his war on drugs and crime commences.
So far, about 2,210 killings have been reported in the war on drugs from May 10 to Oct. 27 this year.
During police operations 1,268,or 57.4% died in police operations and about 782, 35.4% killed by unidentified assailants with another 160 bodies believed to have been” salvaged” or killed extrajudicially.
Duterte also said he is losing policemen to the war on drugs.
“There is a war going on. I am losing two to three policemen a day. It’s a war,” Duterte said.