5,497 guests

Man dies in Munti fire, 50 families displaced

  • Written by Jeffrey C. Tiangco
  • Published in Metro
  • Read: 243

A man died while some 50 families were displaced in a fire that lasted more than two hours allegedly due to a gas lamp that fell into the floor after it was accidentally hit by the victim yesterday in Muntinlupa City.

Supt. Gilbert Dulot, Muntinlupa City fire marshall, identified the victim as Guiller Cinco, of Block 10, Bayanan, Muntinlupa.
   
Cinco, whose right foot was swollen, was trapped in his house that led to his death.
   
Police said the fire started at 10 p.m. in Cinco’s house and gutted some 30 other neighboring houses, displacing some 50 families.
   
Myrna Minosa, neighbor of the victim, told police that the fire started when the victim accidentally hit a gas lamp that fell into the floor, quickly razing his house and spread in the neighboring houses which were made of light materials. 
   
The report added that the fire that reached fifth alarm lasted for more than two hours before it was finally contained and put out by firemen.
   
Damage to properties was not yet immediately reported.