4,887 guests

2 drug suspects killed in Malabon, QC

  • Written by Edd Reyes & Melnie ragasa-Jimena With Jenesis Ann Canua
  • Published in Metro
  • Read: 231

A man suspected to be involved in illegal drugs was killed by unidentified armed men in Malabon City yesterday while a woman who was just released from jail on drug charges were shot dead by RIT gunmen in Quezon City Tuesday night.

Fortunato Guerrero, alias “Ato”, 56, was already sleeping with his wife inside their house on D. Arellano St., Bgy. San Agustin, Malabon City, when three armed men, all wearing bonnets and face masks, forcibly barged in past 12 midnight.
Malabon police chief Senior Supt. John Chua said the suspects ordered the victim’s wife and children to go outside their house where three to five men, who served as lookouts, were waiting.
Seconds later, a burst of gunfire was heard before the suspects quickly fled on board their respective motorcycles, leaving the victim sprawled bloodied on the bedroom.
Barangay San Agustin administrative officer Harold “Chime” Padilla told police that the victim was included in barangay and police drug watchlists as a drug dependent. He said police already conducted Oplan Tokhang against the victim and tried to convince him to surrender but allegedly refused and continued using illegal drug.
In QC, a woman, who was on her way home after being released from jail for illegal drugs, was shot dead by four unidentified motorcycle-riding men Tuesday night.
In a report gathered from Quezon City Police District-Criminal Investigation and Detection Unit identified the victim as Jerica Ang, 21, single, of 44 Sampaguita St., Bgy. Holy Spirit.
Investigation showed that the incident happened at 11:30 p.m. while the victim and her sister Ramilyn were walking along Commonwealth Avenue when four men on a motorcycle suddenly stopped and shot the victim in the head in front of Capitol Church in Bgy. Commonwealth.
Ramilyn managed to escape. She went back to the crime scene and rushed her sister to East Avenue Medical Center but to no avail.
Ramilyn reportedly admitted to police that her sister and her live-in partner were involved in illegal drug activities and were even arrested earlier that day due to illegal drugs.
Ramilyn said the victim and her live-in partner had just been released from jail on that day.