6,488 guests

Electric fan causes fire in Valenzuela

  • Written by Edd Reyes
  • Published in Metro
  • Read: 193

AN overheated electric fan triggered the fire that gutted less than 30 houses and affecting 60 families before dawn yesterday in Valenzuela City.

The fire, according to the Bureau of Fire Protection, started at around 1:50 a.m. in a house owned by one Aristeo Evangelista at the Polo Telecommunication Compound, MacArthur Highway, Bgy. Karuhatan, and quickly spread to adjacent houses made of light materials.
   
A 71-year-old resident in the area, identified as Enrique Rafael, suffered minor burns and was treated in a nearby hospital while an unidentified fire volunteer also suffered minor injuries.
    
The fire victims were temporarily housed at the Barangay Center.