TWO fire incidents said to have been caused by lit, abandoned candles, occurred in separate places in Manila the other day and yesterday.
The Manila Fire Department reported that at around 1:30 p.m. yesterday, fire broke out on Bohol corner Visayas Streets in Balic-Balic, Sampaloc, initially hitting the home of one Ronnie Lasumray located at 920 Bohol Street.
Reportedly, a 13-year-old girl, identified only as ‘Angel,’ was wounded and rushed to the hospital.
It was also learned that the power supply in the said house had been cut off which is why the occupants had been using candles.
Also hit by fire for the same reason at around 8 p.m. Sunday was the third foor of a residential home owned by Mylyn Jarah at 2043-18 M. Adriatico St. in Malate, Manila. The flames reportedly also hit a couple of adjacent houses.
The said fire was contained at 9:10 p.m. through the joint efforts of the Manila Fire Department and fire volunteers.
The estimated damage to property remains unknown.