4,535 guests

KC single again?

  • Written by Mario Bautista
  • Published in Showbiz
  • Read: 828

KC Concepcion has posted cryptic messages about herself, leading to speculations that she has broken up with football player Aly Borromeo. This is part of what she wrote: “Finding myself; Healing myself; Loving myself; Being passionate; Getting fit; Growing friendships; Meeting new people & making memories.”

Just a couple of days before this, KC was still very sweet to Aly who she thanked for being her personal coach in making her maintain a fit well toned body. KC has also introduced Aly to her mom Sharon Cuneta when she took him along at the birthday bash of Sen.  Kiko Pangilinan.
   
Aly is the third boyfriend of KC after actors Piolo Pascual and Paulo Avelino. All her relationships seem to be short lived affairs. Quite intense at the start then losing its steam in no time at all. And one fan feels so sad for KC now, saying: “Wala nang career, wala pang lovelife."

MEMES ON SENATE HEARING

THE most infuriating and preposterous show in town is the Senate hearing starring Leila de Lima’s witness, hired killer Edgar Matobato. It was obviously a stunt not in aid of legislation but in aid of de Lima but it seems to have backfired on her because her witness’ testimony sounds quite improbable, definitely not a credible witness!
   
He said he killed the bodyguards of Prospero Nograles in 2010 but Nograles said all  his men are still with him. He also claimed he killed a terrorist, Sali Makdum. Sen. Ping Lacson made a research on this and cannot find anyone named Makdum. It was so badly scripted and there are so many other inconsistencies.
   
He claimed he killed hotel owner Richard King near McDonald’s because of a love triangle with Duterte’s son, Paolo. But there was a suspect caught named Leonardo Felonia and King’s family denied there was a love triangle angle in the killing. Because of this, so many memes about his declarations have appeared on social media. One shows Ronald McDonald holding a phone, saying: “Burger King, hindi ko pinapatay ang kamag-anak mo, ha.” The another meme shows him, saying: “Jollibee, ikaw ang may kagagawan ng lahat ng ito, ano?” Bwa ha ha!

'HERMANO PULI' WANTS TO FOLLOW HENERAL LUNA'S LEAD

DIRECTOR GIl Portes' historical biopic, “Hermano Puli”, about the religious leader, Apolinario de la Cruz, who led a revolt against Spain, is opening this Wednesday. They’re hoping it will be as successful as last year’s hit filmbio, “Heneral Luna”, and it’s good they’re no longer facing tough competition against the Venice Filmfest best picture award winner, “Ang Babaeng Humayo”, starring Charo Santos, as its playdate was moved to September 28. Otherwise, no doubt they'll be clobbered by "Humayo".
   
No doubt this would increase the chances of “Puli” hitting it big at the box office as Charo’s movie has just hit the headlines of all newspapers and news programs, and its international victory is still very fresh in the mind of the public and we know of a lot of people who are eager and curious to watch it.
   
We hope the producer of “Hermano Puli”, the amiable Rex Tiri of Limbaga 77 resto, will be able to recover his investment because we know he shelled out so much money for the film’s production, which is truly quite expensive as they spent so much for the period costumes and production design. Rex is a new producer and he deserves encouragement for agreeing to bankroll a historical movie like this. If this would earn money, he could go on making more film projects about our country’s rich history. After this, he also financed the romance-drama, “Moonlight Over Baler”, meant for the December Metro filmfest.
   
We also wish that “Hermano Puli” would make money for the sake of its director, Gil Portes, who turned 71 years old just a few days ago. My best wishes for Rex, Direk Gil and “Hermano Puli” that stars Aljur Abrenica, Louise de los Reyes, Enzo Pineda, Vin Abrenica, Markki Stroem, Menggie Cobarrubias, Kiko Matos, Simon Ibarra, Alvin Fortuna, Diva Montelaba and a cast of thousands.

JAKE NO LONGER LIVES WITH FAMILY

JAKE Vargas is happy to be with new Kapuso star Inah de Belen’s first leading man in the new afternoon soap, “Oh My Mama”, that will start airing today after “Eat Bulaga”.
   
“Mabait si Inah kaya sa workshops pa lang, nagkasundo na kami agad,” says Jake. “Maganda ang role ko rito as Julio, a street smart kid na tutulong kay Inah as Maricel at sa mga alaga niya nang bihagin sila ng sindikato at gawing mga pulubi sa kalye.”
   
What’s the challenge of his role as Julio? “It’s something new for me. Offbeat ang character ko, originally played by William  Martinez in the movie, kasi maangas ako, miembro ng sindikato, but I will defy them all. Dati akong gumagawa ng masama, petty crimes, pero ako ang magiging tatay-tatayan ng mga batang sina Therese Malvar, Jhiz Deocareza, Bryce Eusebio, Sofia Pablo and David Remo na puro magagaling umarte.”
   
Jake used to live with his dad and siblings in Olongapo but he now got his own condo in Quezon City. “Kapag weekends at kung may free time ako, doon na lang ako umuuwi sa Olongapo. Siempre pa, naninibago pa ako sa pagsasarili ko kasi I’m now on my own.”
   
Jake is also busy with “Pepito Manaloto” and is now rehearsing with Derrick Monasterio, Rocco Nacino and Aljur Abrenica for their “Oh Boy” concert at Music Museum on Friday, September 23, 8 p.m. “Manood kayo kasi riot talaga siya, very entertaining mula umpisa hanggang wakas. Maraming pasabog.”