4,961 guests

2 hacked dead, 3 hurt in Bukidnon, Batangas

  • Written by Zaida delos Reyes-Palanca & jojo c. magsombol
  • Published in Provincial
  • Read: 340

TWO men were hacked dead while three others were injured in separate incidents in Bukidnon and Batangas, police reported yesterday.

The fatality in Bukidnon was identified as Russel Tabalba Balaba, 22, of P-2, Cawayan, Impasugong town.
Taken to Provincial Medical Center in Malaybalay City for treatment were Oniel Tan Unlay, Raymond Unlay and Arlen Unlay, who sustained severe hacked wounds in their bodies.
Police arrested the suspects, identified as Jayson Tomopong Neri, Jerson Tomopong Neri, Rodel Labrador Castro and Rene Marti Dag-um, also residents of the said barangay.
Reports said the incident occurred at 10 p.m.
The victims and the suspects figured in a heated argument for still unknown reasons that resulted in a rumble and hacking incident.
The incident resulted in the killing of Russel and wounding of three others.
Responding policemen arrested the suspects and put them behind bars.
In Batangas, a 61-year-old jobless man was hacked in the head by his drinking buddy in Bgy. San Pedro 2, Malvar, before dawn the other day.
Malvar police chief Senior Insp. Alberto Fabregas identified the victim as Danilo Unera de Chaveza, married, native of Bgy. San Pedro 2 and presently residing on Calavite St., Laloma, Quezon City.
Fabregas identified the suspect as Fredie Custodio Santos, 40, jobless, of Bgy. San Pedro 2.
The incident was reported to police by a security guard of Dr. Carlito Reyes Hospital at 4 a.m.
Detectives SPO1 James Vargas and PO3 Avelino  Atienza Jr. said that at 3:30 a.m. the other day, the victim and the suspect had a drinking spree at their friend’s house in Bgy. San Pedro 2.
After a few minutes of drinking, a heated argument suddenly erupted between the two.
The victim decided to go home but didn’t notice that the suspect followed him and hacked him with a bladed weapon in the head and quickly fled.
The victim was rushed by his relatives to the hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival by Dra. Careon due to his severe head wounds.
Fabregas ordered a manhunt for the suspect.
The body of the victim now lies at Jovert Funeral Parlor in Bgy. Sambat, Tanauan City.